Saturday, May 8, 2010

I shouldn't be suffering with Age...Cataracts

I'm worried that I would suffer from post surgery side effects and will not recover, but yet i have no choice.




My name is James and I am now 57 years old and live in Edison, New Jersey. I have always love driving on road trips to visit friends and family all across the Eastern part of the United States. I used to have good vision my whole life but as i moved into my senior years, my vision began to slowly deterioriate. It got so bad, I too nervous to drive at night anymore. I finally went to see my ophthalmolgist and was suddenly diagnosed with senile cataracts in both eyes. The doctor recommended surgery to remove the cataracts.

After doing some research, I discovered that 30% to 50% all cataracts surgeries in the US develop posterior lens opacification within 24 mths of procedure and therefore requires further surgical correction treatments.And about 3% of all cataract surgery cases have more serious complications such as detached retina as a result of the surgery. I am worried I would suffered from post surgery side effect and will not recover yet but i have no choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment